Eight First Time Buyer Tips:
It’s hard to get lost in the big articles and the legalistic writing styles that take 4 paragraphs to get to the point. When you’re buying a home, there are things that help and things that hurt. Here are 7 things to do & 19 things NOT to do.
- DO continue making your mortgage or rent payments
- DO stay current on all existing accounts
- DO keep working at your current employer
- DO keep your same insurance company
- DO continue living at your current residence
- DO continue to use your credit as normal
- DO call us if you have any questions
- Do get all your paperwork and documents you need for your mortgage. [Here’s a handy printable loan document checklist]
Want to know what NOT to do? Here’s 19 things to avoid when you’re buying a new home
If you encounter a special situation, it’s best to mention it to us right away so a professional can help you determine the best way to achieve your goals.